Friday, October 21, 2011

Last Duck

So, we aren’t very far into the process of adopting even though we have been thinking about it and praying about it for a long time. But, right now we are in the middle of deciding on an agency, which I think I have found, and getting all of our ducks in a row before turning in the application. To adopt from Honduras you must be able to take two trips there. The first trip will be 7 to 10 days long and the second trip is a 6 week trip. Yes, a 6 week trip. Who can do that? It is such a bummer that little ones aren’t finding families because average people can’t take 6 weeks off of work. So, that is our “last duck” so to say. We need to talk with the boss and make sure that is something we can do. A culmination of things gives me hope that our answer will be yes. First, and oh so simple, is that God is good. He has asked us to do this and He promises that if we trust in Him and lean not on our own understanding, that He will make our paths straight. My own understanding tells me that asking for 6 weeks off is ridiculous, but that is not what I am leaning on. And second, our boss is amazing. And she is our boss for a reason. She has an adopted granddaughter and she loves the Lord and she is amazingly generous. But all that to say, it still makes be a bit woozy in the mean time. Our boss is out of town so we have to wait. I’m not good at waiting. (No chuckling, please.) I live in the moment. I make decisions quickly and run full blast to achieve them. But, I am being told to wait. What do you do while you wait? Well, I’m going to pray and read and talk about it to who ever will listen and hope that time will fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment