Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Why Not Ask?

I've been feeling a bit emotional lately and that really isn't my norm. I was telling Jonathan that I'm kind of bummed that I am starting to really want to meet our children already. I was hoping I could hold off that feeling for as long as possible. I guess that sounds cold, but several years is a long time to know your children are, at best, not in a great situation and at worst, in a really bad situation. I guess it is part of the growth of adoption.
Jonathan and I went to an adoption training last night in Albuquerque. On the way home we were talking and he said he is trying to prepare himself for a 3 year wait. What? 2015? I'm sure that is really responsible of him but wow, that isn't where my heart it. So in the end we decided to prepare mentally for 2 years (he might still say 3) but pray for a miraculous 2013 adoption. We very well know that God has picked our children already and as we talked about last night, they might not even be born yet. And we are willing to wait, knowing that He knows best. But, we also know that we serve an amazing God who can do amazing things in amazing time. Why not ask?
I love how Jonathan and I even each other out. Playing board games and keeping a clean room are pretty much the only two things that we as a couple tip the scales on. We are both crazy competitive and sore losers and neither of us know how to just put our clothes away when we are done with them...like our mothers taught us. But, I'll take those two things if it means that we are a great team with most other things. Things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment