Friday, January 27, 2012

Rambling

I feel like I should have something to say today. So, I'm going to start writing and then see if it is post worthy.
I feel like I got a lot done this week. Well, I didn't get it done, but others got it done for me. Our doc handed me all the medical forms that we need yesterday. It was a stack. He was so gracious about it.
I received my Maryland birth certificate back from the Secretary of State's office. It is apostilled now. I received our Texas marriage license too this week. I am still waiting for our older two kids' and my husband's birth certificates from the Lone Star State so I can send those off to be apostilled. I have scanned all of that in and emailed it to AWAA to make sure it all looks good.
We meet with our social worker, Heather, again on Monday. She is coming back to the house. She will talk to both of us separately and then spend some time with the kids, just her and them. I love that I am not worried a bit about that visit. Then we head to Albuquerque on Tuesday night for a training Heather's agency is putting on. That will be our final "face-to-face" visit. She said she will have our home study done by the next day. When she finishes it, she has to email it to our AWAA contact, Johnna. Then when Johnna approves it, we can send it off to the USCIS (Citizenship and Immigration Services). USCIS says that it takes up to 3 months for approval but I am hoping it won't take that long. Of coarse that is my hope. Don't all people hope for a short wait time?
Anyway, my goal is to have all of our paperwork ready so that when we get notice back from the USCIS we will be able to send it off to AWAA. Then AWAA will make sure everything is spot on. And when it is perfect, we send it to Honduras.
I've been having trouble getting to sleep at night. When I lay down I make a point to pray specifically for the adoption and our children there. My mind starts swirling and it keeps me up. Oh well.
Our "here" kids are doing great. Anderson keeps asking me when we are going to get our other children. The girls are hoping for girls and the boys are hoping for boys. :) Only God knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment