Friday, January 20, 2012

Bring It

Well, in the past 14 days each of our six existing family members has been to the doctor for a physical for the adoption. We had our hearing and vision checked. Our heart and lungs and lymph nodes checked. And we have all together filled 14 viles of blood. Jonathan and I have had our TB tests and the kids are getting inoculated with it today. Jonathan just told me he has been to Dr. Press's office 5 times in the past 2 weeks. And I think I have too. Honduras requires that everyone living in the house has to have an HIV test and Heb B test along with everything else I've mentioned. And we are almost done. The kids TB test will be looked at on Monday and then the doc will give us all six forms with his medical license stapled to the back of each, a letter describing the drugs I take and his opinion stating that I will be a great adoptive parent, and 6 lab reports....all notarized and filled out in black ink. Whew.
Plus, this week I have been working on another background check for us, one that is notarized. A bank letter that states we are in good standing with the bank that has to be signed by the branch manager, not a personal banker. Because I got a letter from the bank last week that was signed by a personal banker. :) And, I'm trying to schedule psychological evaluations with a guy that my mother-in-law so graciously found for us. I sent off my newly issued MD birth certificate that I received last week back to MD to the secretary of state to be apostilled. I've registered for an adoption conference that is in February which I am looking forward to. And I have reviewed one of the reference letters that was written for us.
We are trucking. I am so glad that I love lists and paperwork and checking things off.
Bring it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment