Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What Did You Say?

I am SO TIRED. I think today was my most physically taxing day of my life, minus my first two children's births and my marathon. Oh. My. Goodness. Two of our goats should be kidding (having goat babies) any day now. Super Trooper's due date is April 2 and Show Girl's due date is April 9. They have been acting a bit different lately so I know it will be soon. So, I cleaned out two stalls today and then used the manure spreader to fertilize our pasture with it. And since I had all that stuff together, I thought I might as well clean out the chicken coop too. So our pasture is now well fertilized with goat and chicken you-know-what. This took me about 3 hours.
Before that, the kids and I finished a planting job for Jonathan that we started yesterday afternoon. We planted 150 bare root native plants in tall pots. The kids fill them with dirt and I plant them. We worked HARD. And the sun was in my face the entire time so I am crispy. I can feel the heat coming off my face. I should have worn my cowboy hat, but forgot...won't do that again. We were out there for about 4 hours and now I have one of those headaches that if you make any sudden movements or bend over your head starts THROBBING.
And on top of physical exertion, I am also emotionally spent.......because the first thing I did today was mail our Dossier!!!!!!!!!!!!
What?? How did that happen???
This is our Dossier and two extra copies...and my adoption file folder that I take everywhere

Everything just came together. I don't have the mental capacity to document all that has happened since last week, but I will try to do that soon. But the big things are that we received our I-171H (future kids' immigration document) on Monday. Once again, Good Job Feds. It only took them a week from our fingerprinting appointment to our mailbox. Wow. We also got our TX documents back from the Secretary of State the same day. So yesterday we had the last of our stuff notarized and apostilled and finished up the last of what needed to be done. 
I wish there could be even just a day of relief though. I was pretty excited when it was all coming together on Monday and Tuesday, but last night I was realizing that Honduras might ask for us to "fix" things that they don't like. So that is the big prayer request now. Our dossier should get to our agency in Virginia on Friday. They will look it over and hopefully not find too many things wrong! Then they will get Honduran Consulate Approval in DC which should take about a week. Then, they will send it to Honduras. I think it will take a month or so to have it translated. I'm not sure the timeline. After it is in Spanish, the IHNFA (government agency in Honduras that handles all things adoption) will get it. They might find something they don't like and ask us to re-do parts of it. I am praying they will accept all of it.
Wish I could write more but I am fading. Keep praying peeps. It is working.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Melissa! You got it in before May! You are on a role! I will be praying. It is going to happen before you know it and you won't even have time to look back at all this. Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you did have a big crazy day!! :-) will be praying with you for all those papers to go threw smoothly. and for your little ones to make to your home quickly. big hug to all of you! and high five to your little helpers!!:-)

    ReplyDelete