Monday, April 9, 2012

Some Bumps

Our dossier got to Virginia two Fridays ago. That afternoon Johnna emailed and told us that we were lacking the medical lab reports. Our doctor filled out forms entering the results from our blood work results but I missed it in the instructions that we needed to include the reports themselves. So, I had all weekend to be bummed that we had something else to do, but I wasn't toooo bummed because Johnna still needed to take our dossier to D.C. for Honduran Consulate approval and she said that she could do that without the lab results so we would have a couple of days. So, on Monday I called the doc and made an appointment to go get the paperwork. (Everyone in our doctor's office is getting sick of us walking in the door.) When we got there, the doctor and I discovered that the kids and Jonathan did NOT have the correct lab work done in January. So all five of them went to the lab to have their blood drawn again. The nurse called today saying it is ready to be picked up. So, tomorrow, my eldest child's birthday, we will load up again, drive to Santa Fe, pick up the paperwork, copy it, have it notarized, take it to the Secretary of State, copy the apostilles, and then send it off. Johnna emailed today and said our Dossier should be ready to mail to Honduras on Friday. I will make sure the package gets to her by Thursday.
This past weekend was a busy, but great weekend. I laid down for a nap this afternoon with Anderson to recover a bit and it took me a while to fall asleep. During a recent conversation with Jonathan, he said that his gut feeling on the kids we have in Honduras is 2 boys and a girl. :) So, I was trying to imagine that. And I was wondering if they got to play outside today. I prayed that they would get to. I prayed that God, in His amazing mercy, would keep evil from them. I prayed for those charged with taking care of them for the time being. That they would love them the best they could. I prayed that God would give the Honduran Grassmicks peace. A peace that He is working and that we will soon be there to get them. And that they needn't worry about being separated.
I'm really not ready to start thinking about this emotionally yet. It could be so long. Pray for the New Mexico Grassmicks too.

2 comments:

  1. You say such sweet prayers. Thank you for sharing your conversation with God. He has those children in his arms. I am proud of you and your dedication. I will pray tonight for the Honduras Grassmicks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first paragraph kind of had my mind spinning; I can see that God is giving you grace to handle all the dosier requirements. I can hardly wait to see the new Grassmicks and I'm blessed to know the NM ones!

    ReplyDelete