Monday, April 16, 2012

Knowing

I wish there was a button I could push and all my feelings and thoughts would be written down for me and then I could just edited them. I have a lot of things running through my mind and my heart, but I just don't know how to get them written down. Bless you for bearing with me.
Our dossier was shipped to Honduras today. Over the next two weeks it will be translated and then given to the IHNFA (the government agency that handles all things adoption in Honduras). Then, Johnna told me, our dossier will go through 3 stages of review. Each step of the way there is a chance that we will need to fix something...or I guess it could be rejected too, but that really hasn't crossed my mind. I guess my prayer is that it won't need fixing, but I don't feel strongly about that. God has been so faithful in each bump and step of this process that it is hard to imagine that any of those "set backs" aren't of Him...or outside of His plan. So, maybe one or more of our children aren't born yet. Maybe they aren't in the orphanage yet. Maybe it just isn't time for us to have them yet. I'm trying to look at the waiting not as the suffering kind of waiting but as the it-just-isn't-time-yet waiting.
Don't get me wrong though. It keeps me from falling asleep sometimes. I don't pray that life is a bowl of cherries for my kids, but I do pray that God would protect them from the sick and twisted evil that exists. And I pray and hope for basic human rights kind of stuff. Or I guess the things I think of as basic human rights. I guess the whole world probably doesn't see it the same as I do. Fresh air and water. Sunshine and hugs. Smiles reciprocated. That is what I think every human deserves. I can't wait to start knowing all of my children are beneficiaries of what I see as God's simple gifts. How neat it will be when I can over and over and over again look into their beautiful sad eyes and smile at them. I don't count on having much more to offer but I know my eyes and my smile will bless them...and me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful to think about the gift you Grassmicks are giving to some beautiful sad babes in Honduras! So neat to follow along as you go through all of this and make sense of all that God is doing. The bumps and hurdles are all part of it. I know its wise to prepare for delays, but it might be fast too. Ya never know! Hugs to all of you! Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find that same button, as it'd be so nice to instantly have all thoughts written down, and wouldn't that be so much easier to sort through our thoughts and feelings once they're written!? And I love what you described as basic human rights: "Fresh air and water. Sunshine and hugs. Smiles reciprocated." as that is beautiful, and so true. That's awesome your dossier was sent off today!! We'll be praying for the stages of review, and that you continue to be at peace with each step in this journey. Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Big step! That dossier was so hard for us to entrust to Fed Ex! All that work! But, like you said, it's in God's hands--his timing is best! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that the dossier is out. You and your family have worked so hard and thanks to God for his hand in all of this. It will happen in his time, and I hope that is quicker than later. I can't wait to give these children smiles and hugs and maybe some candy too :) Love you Grassmicks and pray for you.

    ReplyDelete