Wednesday, August 1, 2012

African Nation: No Kissing

I was doing my nightly check of Yahoo! tonight while we were watching the Olympics. I came across this news article. The title grabbed my attention: African Nation: No Kissing. When I clicked on it, I saw the name Uganda almost immediately. The next word I saw was Ebola. My stomach sank.
14 people have died from Ebola in Uganda over the past several weeks. They are getting it by basic human contact: handshaking, kissing, or in my mind: being held by someone and then sucking your thumb. My babies are in an orphanage in the capital city of Kampala. One victim of the disease was taken to a major hospital in Kampala. They are trying to control this. They have 24 workers that are in "isolation" because they may have come in contact with the virus. Please pray that this would not spread and that it won't take any more lives. And you know what I'm thinking...pray that it will stay far away from Elsie and Ki.
Lord, keep our babies safe tonight, and tomorrow, and the day after that...until we bring them home. Protect them. Hide them in You. Kill this virus, I know it is not of You. Bless Elsie and Ki with health and love and hope. Thank You for loving them more than I do.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your babes and all who care for them to stay completely healthy. Love those names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for Elsie and ki that God would protect them.

    ReplyDelete