Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Affidavit - A Written Sworn Statement

In my last post I told you that the next thing that needed to happen was us receiving an affidavit from our lawyer in Uganda. It came today. Yep. I sat down to teach my kids marine biology around 10am and looked at my inbox before I started and it was there. I shut the biology book and got to work. My job was to read through it, make changes to our families information, print it, get it notarized, and then FedEx it back to Uganda. I didn't have to make any changes. The lawyer had our biological kids' ages correct, as well as all of our income and living situation information. I called Jonathan, who was already in town for work and told him that the kids and I were headed there to get this thing signed and sent off.
It is on its way. FedEx told me it will arrive Friday around 4pm Uganda time. Pray that it gets there with no trouble. Pray that some court slots open up so we can slip in. Pray for the judge who will hear our case.
I'm excited. Since the affidavit gets there late Friday, the lawyer could be asking for a court date as early as Monday morning. And we have been told that when we receive that court date, we could have as little as one week to get there but usually people have about three weeks until they have to be there. Wowzer. I don't know if we will get assigned a court date right away or if he will ask on Monday morning, but this thing is rolling. And I'm holding on tight!

1 comment:

  1. God Moves Mountains
    Jonathan and Melissa Grassmick will be going
    to Uganda NEXT MONTH to pick up Elsie and Ki!

    Cash and gift certificate donations welcome.
    Registry at Amazon Baby at
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/baby/homepage?&type=baby

    FELLOW SANTA FEANS...They are humbly accepting the following used items as soon as possible:
    2 convertible car seats (infant up thru toddler)
    1 pack n play
    pack’n play sheet
    2T girly clothes
    9 months and up boy clothes
    cloth diapers
    diaper bag backpack
    small toys for a 1 year old and 2 year old

    Email Melissa if you have something you can provide
    jmgrassmick@yahoo.com
    505-603-4091

    ReplyDelete