Sunday, September 23, 2012

No News

I don't really have anything to say, but I know there are people out there wondering what is happening. At this point we are waiting on a court date. I really got my hopes up that last week we would get the call about that...and we didn't. God is teaching me to wait on Him. It's hard. In life I try to set my expectation low so that I can be pleasantly surprise when things work out better than I planned. And that is what I was doing with our adoption until we saw them and learned their names and their stories. I'm not trying to set my expectation high, but all I can think about is meeting them and giving them a gift that though they may not appreciate it for a while, will be a forever gift.
I put together a crib today that a friend gave me. It has cute little animals on the bedding. And I went through some bags of clothes that a stranger gifted us. These clothes are darling and I can't wait until they are filled up with my little black babies. And thank you to all of those who are pouring out blessings on us. Thank you for doing what James talks about in the Bible: taking care of orphans. I ordered baby food this past week for our trip to Uganda and I got some new baby/toddler songs that we can put on our iPods.
Please pray with us that we get that call soon. I've been praying for our Ugandan lawyer, David, and the judge who will hear our case, and whoever is the go between. I'll let you guys know as soon as I know the date.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all this....

    Have you heard of Scripture Lullabies? It's beautiful and so peaceful. All your kids will love it at bedtime.

    http://www.scripture-lullabies.com/

    ReplyDelete