Saturday, November 5, 2011

File Folder

I'm not sure what I'm going to write about tonight, but I felt like I should. A couple of people have asked me if there was anything new. There's not. The agency said it would be around 10 business days. That means around November 15 we should hear from them. I do hope it is before then.
I've prayed for our unknown kids a lot today. I do wonder how many there are. And whether it will be boys or girls or both. I prayed that they will have a peace from God that they will be kept together. That being separated from their siblings won't weigh heavy on their hearts. I also prayed that someone who has contact with them knows Jesus. And talks about Him. I hope there are happy moments in their days like playing outside and laughing with others and getting a hug.
Jonathan and I were talking recently and he made a great point. He said that our new children should feel so at home with other kids in the house. They have probably lived in an orphanage and are used to friends around. It might feel weird being the only little ones around. I can't wait to see our kids love on their new siblings.
I bought an accordion file folder today. A friend who has adopted internationally told me to get one before the paperwork starts piling up. I picked one that is small enough to travel with but has 13 slots. I think I'm excited about it because it is the first real object I can hold that has anything to do with the adoption. I like truth to have form. Form enough to touch and hold. I guess I'm going from a file folder to hopefully real live kids. God's kids. Our kids. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment