Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rewind

I started this blog post last Saturday and life has just gotten away from me. I thought about just scraping it, but God was at work and I want that documented. So, from last Saturday...
Each morning for the past week, I have woken up and grabbed my phone hoping to find an email from the agency and to no avail. On Friday morning, it was no different. And I started to throw a mini pity party. Not out loud or visibly but in my heart and head. After I fed the kids breakfast, I hopped in the shower. While in there I prayed that God would let me know that something, anything was happening...Oh, and TODAY....Please. Later the whole fam was in the car, driving to pick up our goats from the breeding farm (yes, we will have maybe 4 new goat kids in April). I was telling Jonathan about my pity party in the shower and my phone dinged with an email. IT WAS FROM HER!!!! Her is Sara. She is the Intake Director with our agency. Here is her first line...
"It was great to receive your full application!  I am excited to move forward with you in the application process."
Yea!!!! I'm not clear on if we are full-blown accepted or if we are just moving forward in deciding if we are accepted but it is a step in the right direction.
The greatest piece of all of this is that God is working and answering. And He cares about me. I KNOW He has told us to do this but I don't know the ending. Only He does. My friends recently adopted and started down the foster to adopt path and then ended up adopting from a crisis pregnancy. Amazing. A friend of a friend started down the local adoption path and ended up getting their son from Uganda. Amazing. I don't know if we all hope that our made-up ending is the right one. But we do. Lord, we would love a sibling set from Honduras...Oh, and by 2012....Please.


1 comment:

  1. SO exciting. Praying for you guys daily.

    The wilkies

    ReplyDelete