Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Live Now


So, it’s been a week of just about nothing. I’ve been praying about the adoption a lot and thinking about it, but not much on-the-ground work has been accomplished. I have been waiting on a break down of our compensation package from the ranch accountant. The first time I emailed him last week I didn’t hear back from him. I didn’t want to be THAT person that can’t wait my turn in line so I waited two days until I sent a follow up email asking if he got my first one. He didn’t. It went into his junk folder. So I feel like it was two days wasted but that breaks from the idea that God is in the details. Anyway, I got the awaited document this morning and quickly forwarded it to the agency to make sure we pass. And we did. And all I wanted to do was drop everything and fill out the application. But, life happens and I don’t want to miss now. So, the kids and I worked on school, made some homemade tomato sauce from some of the last of our crop, baked rolls for dinner, and most importantly I made good on the promise of carving pumpkins. I gathered the kids out front and cut the heads off their pumpkins. I read The Parable of the Pumpkin Patch to them which turns carving pumpkins into something very spiritual. They scraped out the pulp, which of coarse, parallels with our yucky sin. And we had a fun time separating the seeds from the pulp and getting them ready for daddy. Daddy is the all-time best pumpkin seed roaster. When he got home he made his secret pumpkin seed sauce, and we ate our soup and rolls and read a story on angels and then strolled up to the goats as a family. We talked about gravity and mass and light and how fast we are moving on this revolving and orbiting planet. Then after we wandered back in the dark, we drew faces on our pumpkins, carved them, and set the light to shine from them…another spiritual inference ;) . When we finished with our picture taking, the pumpkin seeds were done so we had a bedtime snack.
If I would have sat in the recliner all evening filling out the application, which is what I thought I wanted to do, then I would have missed all of that. I’m glad I chose to live now. The application still got filled out and I am only waiting on a response from BlueCross BlueShield letting me know if they will cover our adopted children as they did our biological ones. Hopefully sometime tomorrow I will hit send. It seems like that is another “start date” for this adoption. One could argue that the start date was back in 1995 when God revealed to my husband that he would someday have Honduran children. Or maybe last spring when God stirred it in his heart again. Or maybe the day I picked an agency. Or maybe tomorrow when I send this application off. No…The day we hear from them that we are accepted as their clients I think will be the official start date. But, I’m sure there will be at least a few more start dates. Like the date our dossier is finished and sent to Honduras, or the day we get the call with picture of our kids, or the day we get to meet them, or the day we bring them home. I guess all of those dates are a start to something. I really have no idea what we are getting into here. I can’t wait to see the ending. I wonder what date that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment