Thursday, December 15, 2011

FBI here we come

We got our first packet of information from Adoptions Plus (our homestudy agency). Hooah. Thirty pages of digging in. And I finished it all yesterday. It arrived in my inbox at 1:47pm and I finished up at midnight. Love this. There were a lot of intense questions and there were a lot of questions that I felt like I needed to make up something. Our marriage has been great since day one. There were questions about our biggest problems and our most terrible crisis and our most recent argument. Well, I could tell them about our most recent argument, but we've never gone through a crisis and we have never had a big problems. We agree on 99.9% of parenting issues. We enjoy each other tremendously. But, I feel like they are going to think I am making it all up! Like my marriage is out of some fairytale. But it is the truth. And the truth will win out.
We now need to go get our fingerprints done for our FBI, state, and CYFD clearances. A note in the directions says, "they take about one to three months." Wow. Could they narrow that down a bit more? Oh well. That is why we are going to take care of it quickly. I will probably go today when I take the kids to piano lessons. Now, I need to light a fire under Jonathan. He has finished the easier questionnaire and said he doesn't think he will get this fingerprints done while in town today. Umm. We'll have to see about that. I need to think of a good bribe. Is that something I should put in the questionnaire? That I bribe my husband to get what I want? I did admit to not being flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment