Saturday, December 10, 2011

There

We sent in our home study application on Friday. It should have gotten to Albuquerque today. I have no idea, really, what the home study process will be like. I've heard before. But I think it is one of those things that you just don't get until you are there. There are things in life that people who are there try to explain to people who aren't there and all you can do is nod your head and think "well, it was tough for you but I don't see why, if only you........it will be different for us." Have you had any of those moments? Probably not, but I have. I'm sure several women tried to tell me how hard labor and nursing were going to be. But, gosh, God created us to do it right? How can it be that hard? Come on. That was my attitude...until I was there. And all of those nuggets of wisdom were lost in the oh-my-gosh-why-didn't-anyone-tell-me-it-would-be-this-hard moment.
Well, I know several people who have had home studies done. And I know I was around while they were doing theirs and I know I asked about it. But, I'll say it again, I really have no idea what it is going to be like. I'm not fretting though. If the whole process goes like I feel about it today, then it should be good, uplifting, optimistic, not easy, but not torture. I like paperwork. And I can be a drill Sergent to my husband who is a bit more easy going than me. About four months ago, he said "We were going to make a great adoption team. I am going to be inspired and you are going to make it happen." :) Well, honey, it's time. And no you can't have your eggs until you put your initials on every one of those 37 X marks. Love you. ;)
Yes, I said that on Wednesday to my dear husband. And it worked. He likes his eggs hot and I like getting paperwork done as quickly as possible. We are going to make a great team. Oh, and he asked for it.
All joking aside though, I can't imagine a better partner in this. And a better lot of children. The kids pray for their new brothers and sisters all the time and talk about them like they will be here soon. And my husband, well, most of you know that I am head over heals for him and make most of our friends uncomfortable because I can always sing his praises. But gosh, we wouldn't be doing this without him. He has heard God speak and is walking head-on in faith. This isn't a first either. That is how we got to New Mexico. God directed him to go and he brought us here. And it has been amazing. The job thing is a little different, I guess. It was his dream job. A private ranch. Wildlife habitat development. In the Rockies. Okay. There were a few emotional downsides and the fact that most of the U.S. Americans don't even realize that NM is one of the 50 states. But the adoption has a few more open ends. We don't know where they have been and what they have seen and what they haven't had. But we know that God knows. And Jonathan has been inspired by the Creator of the Universe. And I have too.
We can't say no. We can't drag our feet. They are our children. They need to be here. They need to be fought for and protected. And they need hugs. Daily. Lots of them. So we walk forward in faith. And it is so nice when your feelings are on board with faith's direction. Lord, keep us grounded and seeking you. Make our paths straight and our eyes fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment