Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Walmart and Mickey Ds, anyone?

I am SOOOO overwhelmed by the thought of packing for this trip. And that does not include packing for my biological four. I'm leaving that to my mom...sorry mom.
When I pack for a trip in the states I always have the "well, I can always run to the store" contingency plan. But we are going to Uganda. In Africa. And I've never been. I'm betting they don't have a neighborhood Walmart. I need to take a nail file and nail clippers. Diapers and wipes. Plug adaptors and rocking chairs (because our babies are the first babies that have been in this orphanage...they usually have older kids). Essential oils and medicine that we might need. Chocolate because I just heard today that dessert isn't really their thing. What? Our camera and phones and iPad and laptop and different chargers for all of those. Court clothes for adults and babies (oh, and I've never met the babies so I don't know their sizes). Snacks for court day (because we can't run to Mickey Ds while in town). 125 Malaria pills and my supplements. Hair product for me and my little black baby girl. Chapstick...lots of chapstick. Books and knitting, music and a game or two. Toys for the babies and suckers for the orphans. Baby carriers and baby bottles.......
Okay, this hasn't helped. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment